Study Spelling list 5 and Poem: “The Secret”
Quarter 1 Objectives
Language and Reading Quarterly Objectives
- Review Short and Long vowels, consonant
- Review Consonant – vowel blends
- Review one and two- vowel rule
- Learn the use of ff, ll, or ss at the end of words
- Learn to use of ck or ke at the end of a word
- Fluently read one and two-vowel words
- Learn and identify Possessives
- Learn and identify sentences and begin to structure sentences
- Learn Rhyming words
- Learn plurals and correct ending punctuation for sentences.
- Begin Reading groups three times a week with the following books:
- Handbook for Reading
- Fun with Pets
- Learn to describe the setting and identify characters in the story
- Learn the difference between fiction and nonfiction stories
- Learn One and two-vowel words
- Learn the K/C rule ( K goes with i and e, and C goes with o, u, and a).
- Learn the ck/ ke rule (ck goes at the end of a short vowel, and ke geos at the end after a long vowel).
- Learn special sounds and how to spell words with special sounds charts 6- 8.
- Learn what a poem needs and the parts of a poem ( author, illustrator, rhythm, stanzas, and rhyme).
- Learn to discover the poet’s purpose or intent of the poem.
- Learn poems: The Elephant, The Secret, and Boats Sail on the Rivers
Practice your words using the following link: http://myclass.theinspiredinstructor.com/spelling/spellingfirst.html
Select the correct spelling list and choose a free game!