- Write the 6 Multiplication Table.
- Study the measures below.
- In your writing journal, write three sentences with spelling words (turn in to Ms. Brown). Remember to write in cursive.
- List five things you find in winter. Draw a picture of them (turn in to Mrs. Love for Art Class).
- Read a book of your choice
Don’t Forget to Study:
- Study your spelling list
- Study your word roots
- Study your timetables https://www.timestables.com/speed-test/
- Study your poem
- Study Psalm 100 KJV (on Bible Reader pg. 179), 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV and Bible verses L, M, N, O and P. Scholars will test on November 29th.
Scholars may bring their science books, history books, and Bible readers home daily to strengthen their learning. The scholars are responsible for bringing the books back and forth daily. If a scholar is unprepared for class, they will lose participation points, and their conduct will be affected.
Quarter 1 Objectives
- Review the one and two-vowel rule
- Review the use of ll, ss, or ff at end of word
- Review the use of c or k before the vowel
- Review the use of ck or ke at the end of a word
- Learn and identify syllables with words
- Review rhyming words
- Identify root words and suffixes
- Recognize/ write complete sentences
- Learn the capitalization rule: the first word of a sentence
- Learn how to identify declarative and interrogative sentences
- Learn how to identify the subject and predicate of a sentence
- Begin reading groups three times a week. Learn to read with accuracy, and expression, fluency.
- Learn the author’s purpose for the story
- Learn what a moral is and identify morals in stories
- Learn to identify fiction and nonfiction pieces
- Learn to compare and contrast
Spelling Practice: http://myclass.theinspiredinstructor.com/spelling/spellingsecond.html