- Study Semester Exam Study Guides
- Study pgs. 91-128 and pg. 477 in your history book and study the comprehension checks for the upcoming test.
- Reread chapters in your science book and study the comprehension checks. Review your study guides (previous quizzes)
- Study Luke 2:8-14 KJV (in Bible Reader) and Bible verses A-P. Scholars will test on December 12th.
- Read a book of your choice
Scholars may bring their science books, history books, and Bible readers home daily to strengthen their learning. The scholars are responsible for bringing the books back and forth daily. If a scholar is unprepared for class, they will lose participation points, and their conduct will be affected.
Quarter 1 Objectives
- Review the one and two-vowel rule
- Review the use of ll, ss, or ff at end of word
- Review the use of c or k before the vowel
- Review the use of ck or ke at the end of a word
- Learn and identify syllables with words
- Review rhyming words
- Identify root words and suffixes
- Recognize/ write complete sentences
- Learn the capitalization rule: the first word of a sentence
- Learn how to identify declarative and interrogative sentences
- Learn how to identify the subject and predicate of a sentence
- Begin reading groups three times a week. Learn to read with accuracy, and expression, fluency.
- Learn the author’s purpose for the story
- Learn what a moral is and identify morals in stories
- Learn to identify fiction and nonfiction pieces
- Learn to compare and contrast
Spelling Practice: http://myclass.theinspiredinstructor.com/spelling/spellingsecond.html