Quarter 1 Objectives
- Learn to identify names and sounds of letters: Ii, Uu, Ee, Aa, Oo, Tt, Ll, Bb, Nn, Mm, Hh, Ss, Cc, Dd, Gg, Rr, Ff, Jj, Kk, Vv, Ww, Yy, and Pp.
- Learn sight words a and the
- Learn the concept of vowels and consonants
- Learn to read vowel/ consonant blends with fluency
- Learn one- vowel rule and learn to put final consonants to blends to make one-vowel words.
- Learn opposites, rhyming words/ analogies
- Begin Reading groups two days a week and begin books I Learn to Read books 1, 2 and 3
- Learn to identify characters in the given stories.
- Learn that fiction definition and identify why a story is deemed fiction.
Spelling & Poetry:
- Learn to spell one vowel words and progress to two vowel words
- Learn to identify sight words the, a, I, am, and
- Learn what poems need and the word’s rhythm, and rhyme
- Learn part of a poem (stanzas)
- Learn poems “The Little Turtle,” “Who Has Seen the Wind”, and “At the Sea”
Penmanship: Lower case cursive i worksheet.